Morning Ritual


Rit•u•al (n): A sequence of activities involving gestures, words, and objects, performed in a sequestered place, & performed according to set sequence.

You may begin reading this post and think "didn't she already write about that somewhere?" Why yes, yes I did. But Instagram only allows a certain amount of words, and well... I have much more to say!

Over the past few months, I have become fascinated with creating both a morning and evening ritual for myself to ensure that no matter what chaos and/or unpredictability my day brings, my mornings and evenings are consistent and set me up to start and end the day as the best version of me.

I'd really like to share my morning ritual in hopes it may inspire others to create their own! Now remember, this did not happen overnight... this has taken months of slowly incorporating one aspect at a time, and a lot of altering as I have decided what works best for me and my body. You may have a bunch of things you'd love to incorporate into your morning ritual and feel super inspired after reading this post and want to change alllllll the things, but hold up, sis. You can truly only focus on one thing at a time. If you throw a bunch of pebbles into the water, each will make a splash, but a small one, and the ripples will quickly dissipate. If you throw a single boulder into the water, however, it will make a huge splash and the ripples will be larger and more long-lasting. The same is true with change - one change at a time will have a larger and longer-lasting impact than attempting to change all the things at once.  And remember, as time goes on and life changes, your rituals will too, and that's ok! This is what works right now for this season, and I am constantly re-evaluating my ritual to ensure the energy I am putting into each aspect is adding value to my life, rather than the opposite. Also remember: What works for me won't necessarily work for you!

Although I don't start work until 9am most days, my day intentionally starts at 6am. Yes, it'd be easy to wake up at 8:30am and hit the ground running, but that doesn't personally work for my mind and body.

-Read in bed for 30 mins with organic decaf coffee from Country Cupboard
-Get up, put on diffuser with my favourite doTERRA essential oils (I love Balance and wild orange)
-Get ready while listening to a podcast (my faves are from Rachel Hollis and Jenn Pike on Stitcher)
-Pack my lunch & make my morning all-in-one organic/vegan shake from Country Cupboard
-Take my doTERRA supplements and my medication
-Get on the yoga mat and smother myself in doTERRA's Yoga Collection oils
-Meditate for approximately 15 minutes using guided meditations from the Calm app
-Use my 5 Billion Fitness yoga tune-up balls to roll out the tension in my lower back, hips, glutes, and feet for approximately 10 minutes
-Plan my intentions for the day and review my schedule using my Dragontree Dreambook + Planner and my Google Calendar
-Write down my 10 dreams + 1 thing I can do TODAY to get closer to achieving those dreams (Rachel Hollis' 10-10-1 Method
-Add a drop of doTERRA essential oils to my diffuser bracelet (usually Balance)
-Take my dogs for a walk to connect with nature and bring my mind back to the present moment

You may be thinking "holy crap, woman, aren't you exhausted by the time you start work?" And the answer is no. This routine energizes me and preps me to live out my day as my best version of me. And today is all that's guarenteed, so why not allow every day to be your best day ever? After all, YOU are in charge. 

Comments

Popular Posts