Evening Ritual


Yes, I also have an evening ritual. Whereas a morning ritual will set you up to have a great day, an evening ritual will calm your body enough to have a good sleep, which is vital to thriving in all other areas of your life. I cannot stress this point enough.

Because my work hours vary, I do work evenings sometimes, and there are also many nights I am busy in the evenings as I personally find that evenings are a bit of a struggle for me, so I try to keep busy during that time... But I try to apply all parts of this ritual as often as I can, just not necessarily at the same time every night.

My evening ritual is not quite as complex as my morning one, and as of now, I do feel like it's is still a work in progress, but I'm getting there! This ritual usually begins around 8pm for me as I usually go to sleep between 9:30pm and 10pm. When I start this process every night, it's an indicator to my body that it's time to begin slowing down and getting ready for a good sleep.

-A few nights per week I will have a hot bath with Epsom salts, baking soda, Himalayan salt, and my favourite doTERRA oils
-Get changed into my PJs and wash my face/brush my teeth using my favourite doTERRA products, including the Verage skin collection and OnGuard toothpaste
-Fill up my diffuser using my favourite nighttime doTERRA oils (usually Serenity)
-Make a cup of Nighty Night valerian root tea from Country Cupboard, which is amazing for sleep
-Sit at my desk with my Dragontree Dreambook + Planner and write 5 things I was grateful for that day and whether or not I met the four weekly habit-related goals I set for myself at the beginning of the week (this exercise is included in the Dreambook + Planner, which is why I love it)
-Go over my Google calendar to ensure I know what's going on the next day and it is not too overwhelming (if it is, I need to consider changing my schedule around)
-Hop into bed, apply doTERRA's OnGuard blend to the bottoms of my feet for immune support and lavender on my wrists to help calm my body
-TURN OFF MY PHONE and read for about an hour
-Take my sleeping pill (yes, I take medication to sleep for this season in my life because I had literally tried everything under the sun and absolutely nothing I did kept me asleep all night)

As mentioned, getting good sleep is ESSENTIAL if you want to live your best life, and having good sleep hygiene is critical to achieving this. I do struggle with the fact that I do currently have to take medication to sleep, and I am looking for natural alternatives if anyone has suggestions! I do plan to try doTERRA's copaiba softgels in the next few weeks, and I will report back on how they work. For the time being, though, taking a little pill is worth feeling fantastic the next day.


Comments

Popular Posts